Tips to make your cell phone last longer
Most cell phone batteries cost about $25 to $150. By treating the battery right, you can extend its life and save your hard-earned dollars.
1. Charge the batter correctly the first time. This can be up to 24 hours of uninterrupted charging. If you turn on your cell phone before the battery is fully charged, you can permanently shorten the life of the battery.
2. Do not recharge your battery every day. Waiting two or three days before recharging will help the battery last up to three times longer.
3. Do not leave your cell phone hooked into your car charger. Every time the car is turned on or off, it will shorten the life of the battery.
4. Extend the antenna, optimizing signal strength. The stronger the signal, the less power your battery loses.
5. Turn down ring volume to conserve power.
6. Keep your phone cool. Don’t leave it in a hot car, near a heat source, or in direct sunlight.